Constant stress, urban ecology and daily heat treatment of hair with styling products, hair dryers and other high-temperature hair care devices over time can lead to a loss of shine and elasticity – the main characteristics of a healthy and spectacular head of hair. How to restore damaged hair, how deeply the damage has penetrated into the structure of the hair and what will help the hair to become Yesenin’s again “I remember, darling, I remember the radiance of your hair …”.
It is well known that the structure of human hair is three-layered and includes an inner soft layer or core, covered with a second cortical layer, the top of which is covered with a third layer of scales.
Each scale overlaps the previous one, which is why this layer is often compared to shingles and protects the inner part of the hair from external influences. In addition to protective functions, it is this scaly layer that is responsible for the shine and silkiness of the hair, that is, the denser the scales are adjacent to each other, the smoother the hair looks.
Daily hair care
No professional or folk remedies or hair masks applied once a week will save and will not work if you do not properly care for your hair daily.
Here are some simple steps to take in your daily hair care routine:
- Proper nutrition is the basis for healthy hair and the body as a whole.
- Daily neat brushing from bottom to top along the strands, combing out tangled knots or split ends. Never comb wet hair, or comb with applied balm to minimize the traumatic effect.
- A good brush as a second step in daily care will allow you to massage the hair roots and scalp in the best way, causing blood flow, which always has a beneficial effect on the condition of the hair follicles and follicles. For all hair types, a natural bristle brush or wooden combs is the best choice. Whenever possible, metal accessories should be avoided or used as little as possible in hair care.
- Using loose hairstyles, such as braids, at home and at home, will protect hair from constant exposure to wind and dust, and also reduce constant contact with outerwear, traumatic and splitting hair. It is especially important to braid your hair when doing sports.
- Protect hair from temperature extremes during cold periods, use nourishing products for extra protection on especially cold days. It should not be forgotten that hair, in addition to the protein keratin, more than 60% consists of water, respectively, in the cold, the ox becomes very fragile. It is also necessary to protect hair in dry climates with high temperatures, protecting from the drying effects of the sun with moisturizing masks and oils.
Shine your hair at home
To restore hair to its natural shine, in addition to professional care products, you can use homemade mask recipes based on plant or animal components, alternating one and the other.
First of all, it is advisable to use vegetable oil – almond, burdock or castor oil as the basis of any mask. The oil will always be perceived by the keratin base of the hair as a nutrient medium, and additionally added herbal solutions will enhance the regenerative effect.
Vegetable fat masks
- On light hair, an oil mask with the addition of a decoction of chamomile pharmacy gives good shine, based on the recipe: in a water bath, brew 1 tablespoon of dry chamomile in 100 ml of boiling water and mix with 1 tablespoon of almond or burdock oil. It is better for natural blondes not to use castor oil as it darkens the natural shade. Apply the resulting warm mask warm to the hair roots and distribute over the entire length of the curls and wrap the head with a cellophane “bath” and a towel for 30-60 minutes. When finished, rinse your hair with a mild shampoo.
- On dark hair, a decoction of natural coffee is most often used from natural ingredients using a technology similar to chamomile decoction.
- For extra shine, red hair should be rinsed well with henna solution or with an oil solution of carrot juice.
Animal fat mask
- Kefir, curdled milk or serum remains one of the strongest tools for giving shine to any type of hair. Rinsing hair with fermented milk products half an hour before shampooing will close the keratin scales. In the case of a severely damaged hair structure, it is better to make a fermented milk mask warming with a hairdryer and then wrapping the head with a film and a towel approximately.
- Fermented milk masks are also great for adding shine and thickening hair structure. For example, a mask made up of 50 ml of warmed kefir or yogurt with 1 teaspoon of colorless henna with a warming effect will even out the hair structure within 15 minutes.
- A sour cream mask with the addition of acidifying components of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar stands somewhat apart among the masks made from fermented milk products. Such a mask, due to its natural fat content, does not require additional warming or hair wrapping and the maximum effect can be achieved in a period of 10 minutes. This is an option for express assistance at home.
- The next animal product that gives hair a healthy shine is the egg. In combination with a teaspoon of strong alcohol (cognac, vodka or herbal balm), an egg mask in a quarter of an hour will help to achieve the desired result. Acidified animal masks work well on oily hair; this egg in combination with apple cider vinegar or, using a ready-made mayonnaise sauce, will make hair strong, lush, strong with a satin sheen.
The second option for quick relief and shine for damaged hair is honey. All honey masks smooth, cleanse and make hair of any color and type shine:
- acidified honey for oily hair, combined with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice;
- nourishing honey for dry and damaged hair, combined with vegetable oils;
- moisturizing honey mask in combination with yolk and any fermented milk product.
Proper hair care
In addition to daily care, using once a week any mask that can be easily performed at home, you can very quickly achieve a healthy effect, as in advertising posters of stunning hair color, shimmering with its own shine, even when using especially traumatic procedures such as perm, bleaching or daily using the same irons.
Protect your wealth from any mechanical, chemical or thermal damage, eat well, try not to smoke, follow the minimum care procedures and, if possible, a little more than the minimum and hair, as well as the general condition of the body and skin, respond with gratitude to your care of your own health.