I want to cover the very important topic “Storing and organizing cosmetics at home” and show you how and where I store cosmetics at home.
Storing and organizing cosmetics at home
- First, cosmetics must be stored in a cool place.
- Bath is the worst option. But this is where many of you store tonal foundations, cream shadows and other products whose place is in a cool room.
- Secondly, the place must be dark.
- I saw how some people store jars on the windowsill, where direct sunlight falls / heat from the batteries rises. And you understand that, not really … Especially for liquid products
Nowhere about these “first” and “second” is not mentioned in the instructions for storing cosmetics, but if you think logically, then these points become obvious.
Where to store cosmetics at home
You need to store cosmetics in cabinets, in a regular room.
- The boxes should be of different heights.
- Before that I had a drawer unit with equally high drawers. I was tormented and did not know where to put the brushes, which need the minimum height.
Therefore, I bought them in Ikei, namely:
- Alex series with 9 drawers
- “Alex” series 2 drawers with 5 drawers
- Linnmon worktop
- Torsby glass
I tried to look for analogs in other furniture stores, but apart from school desks with sloping wooden cabinets, I did not find anything. Although, no. I found one designer table with very stylish side tables for some 300 thousand rubles
Organization of storage of cosmetics
I store my cosmetics in closed cabinets. Even brushes. In cups, they quickly become covered with dust. And if they stand next to the window, then in the evening you can shake off the dust from them.
Yes, such storage does not look beautiful on an Instagram basis, but it is hygienic. And with as many brushes as I would have had to force the whole table with glasses.
How to organize storage of cosmetics at home
- I was considering an acrylic makeup organizer. But it takes up a lot of space and limits the number of products.
- So I bought Stodya cutlery trays from Ikea. I had to cut off the excess on the sides, since they did not fit.
Why did I choose trays? Firstly, a large number of compartments, and secondly, they are easy to wash and wipe. I have one thing: everything should wash and wipe clean.
- Hence the second solution – buy glass for the table… Having covered the work surface with it, I saved it from all types of loose products, glitter, pigments, loose shadows and others that easily spoil furniture and cosmetics.
In general, I thought of everything “from” and “to” in order to make the most of the space.
Each type of cosmetics has its own box, for example, lipsticks.
Separate pencil box.
Another one for lipsticks.
Another, which contains products only for creative makeup.
Pencils and eyeliners are kept separately.
Section for shadows.
Another drawer, where in each compartment there are certain types of products: dry highlighters, sculptors, bronzers, creamy highlighters.
I combine some products in one box, but in each compartment they are distributed by purpose (concealers, eye shadow bases, tweezers, eyelashes)
It was very important for me to keep the cosmetics legible. It should be noticeable to the eye, and not lying somewhere on the sidelines.
I poured all the pigments into plastic pyramids. I found them in the Leonardo store.
- Therefore, I consider it important to organize my desktop for storing cosmetics comfortable to use.
And first of all, think about practicality, and only then about the beauty of the desktop.
This is how I see the storage and organization of cosmetics at home.
How do you store your cosmetics at home? Where exactly? How convenient is my option for you?