Despite the spring that is about to come, Loxitan launched another line of care for dry and normal skin – L’Occitane – Shea. We will talk about it.
Shea butter is a special ingredient that African women love to use to protect and nourish their skin and hair. It is this that is the main component of all products from the L’Occitane line – Shea. They contain high concentrations of oil.
Carite L’occitane Shea Cleansing Oil
How the oil works according to the manufacturer:
- Suitable for removing all types of makeup, including waterproof.
- On contact with water, forms a lather that cleanses the skin
- Does not dry out or disturb the natural PH balance
More important for me is the fact that the product does not dry out or tighten the skin. One time is enough for me to understand this, and I understood – the oil really removes the usual makeup with a bang.
But with persistent products, such as waterproof pencils from Make Up For Ever or Yves Saint Laurent Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Noir Radical, she did not completely cope with it. There were stains that “flaunted” under the eyes.
L’occitane Shea Cleansing Milk
As the manufacturer says, milk works:
- Creamy texture perfectly cleanses the skin
- It is formulated with a softening karite extract and a soothing licorice root extract.
- Suitable for normal to dry skin
Like any milk for removing makeup, L’occitane Shea Cleansing Milk performs all the same functions: it does not dry the skin, moisturizes, nourishes and soothes.
It also copes with the removal of light daytime makeup, but not evening makeup, where more persistent products may be present.
L’occitane Shea Gentle Toner
As the manufacturer says, the tonic works:
- Refreshing toner for gentle make-up removal and skin toning
- Enriched with shea butter and floral waters
- Refreshes and soothes the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
I am catastrophically afraid of tonics, as most of them provoke my hypersensitive skin, read, hello, irritation. This case was no exception. Literally after several applications, redness appeared, and only then small rashes.
L’occitane Shea Butter Light Comforting Cream
How the cream works according to the manufacturer:
- Enriched with the miraculous shea butter (5%)
- Perfectly nourishes, moisturizes and regenerates the skin
- The unique formula of the cream satisfies the needs of various skin types
- Provides protection in all conditions
- Feels soft, velvety and hydrated for 48 hours
The same story as with the tonic – a negative skin reaction. I have already talked on this topic with one of the readers that shea butter can be a provocateur in this situation.
This is a very offensive fact, since I am completely satisfied with the light texture of the cream and, as a result, moisturized skin!
Output: L’Occitane line – Shea left an ambiguous impression. On the one hand, these are useful products for everyday skin care, and on the other hand, the inability to use some of them due to the increased sensitivity of my skin. But nevertheless, each of you will draw your own conclusions and decide on the choice of one or another remedy.