Eyelash extension is one of the most popular beauty procedures of our time. This is understandable, because girls always want to look well-groomed, and there is often not enough time for daily makeup.
But if the service is so convenient, why do many women still refuse it? The fact is that eyelash extension is a professional procedure that must be performed by a master who has theoretical information and practical knowledge. Such a specialist will help you get a stunning result, correct it if necessary and remove your eyelash extensions in time. All this takes time and money.
But not all girls know that it is not necessary to remove eyelashes from a lashmaker. Thanks to new technologies and a constantly updated range of beauty products, you can remove eyelash extensions at home.
How to remove eyelash extensions at home
The master does eyelash extension for several hours, it is customary to repeat the correction approximately once a month (depending on the state of the artificial eyelashes), but to completely remove the eyelashes so that the natural ones have a little rest, you need after 6 months of regular corrections.
If you can’t get to the master, you can try to remove your eyelashes without harm yourself. But you should always remember that only unconditional accuracy, clarity of actions and safety will provide a really good result. We recommend removing eyelash extensions using professional products. They, of course, will have to be purchased additionally, but it will pay off if you do the service regularly.
Specialized tools for removing eyelash extensions
There are professional products for removing eyelash extensions that can be applied at home.
Debonder dissolves the glue for eyelash extensions. The product acts quickly, so it will be possible to remove the eyelashes in 2-3 minutes. The product can hardly be called gentle. But the advantage is that it is not irritating. Nevertheless, the manufacturer notes that it is better to avoid getting the product on the mucous membrane of the eyelids.
You need to use the debonder correctly as follows:
- First, you need to stick a special patch or piece of cotton pad on the lower lashes. This is necessary to protect delicate skin;
- Using a cotton swab, you need to apply the debonder to the eyelash extensions. This should be done evenly so as not to miss anything;
- After a few minutes, you need to remove the cilia that have already peeled off. It is better to do this with a pre-washed mascara brush.
- When there are no fake eyelashes left, it is important to thoroughly rub your eyelids with water or lotion. This removes all product residues.
- At the end of the procedure, apply healing castor oil to natural eyelashes.
Remover is a delicate product that softens false eyelash glue with several oils. Unlike Debonder, this product is distinguished by a more gentle composition. In addition, various oils also contribute to the restoration of cilia. Removers are produced in several formats – in the form of a cream or gel. Another advantage of the product is its ease of use. The product gently removes eyelashes. An additional plus is that it does not spread and does not get into the eye.
Removing with a remover is very similar to removing with a debonder. But you will have to wait a little longer – from 10 to 15 minutes. After complete removal, it is also better to apply castor oil to natural ones.
Albucid is a medicinal product that is often used during the treatment of conjunctivitis and inflammation. Oddly enough, this tool also does a great job of dissolving the glue. In addition, albucid is safer for the eyes.
How to apply albucid correctly:
- You need to dip a cotton swab in albucid, apply the contents to the eyelashes;
- Then stand for 20 to 30 minutes;
- Remove the eyelashes gently with a brush or tweezers;
- Lubricate natural eyelashes with castor oil.
Before using albucide, it is worth remembering that it is a medicine. You shouldn’t use this product too often.
Each of these tools is relatively safe. However, it is important not only to choose the right product, but also to carefully prepare for the procedure. For example, it is always necessary to start the removal procedure with clean, disinfected hands. Also, all instruments must be absolutely clean.
How to remove eyelashes at home without special tools and tools
Some girls can buy professional eyelash remover products. In the absence of an opportunity to purchase a remover or debonder, you can try to carry out the procedure using “folk” means.
Removing eyelash extensions will help the usual products that are in almost every home:
The oils that are also part of the remover are excellent for removing artificial eyelashes. Many young ladies like the effect of sunflower oil. Olive, burdock and castor oils also help a lot. The use of oils not only removes artificial eyelashes, but also restores natural ones. The only precaution is individual intolerance to some component.
Removing eyelashes with oil – easy:
- It is necessary to warm up the oil a little, moisten cotton wool in it. Vata, in turn, must be applied to the lower eyelid;
- Use a cotton swab to apply the oil to your eyelashes. Repeat the process after 5 minutes;
- After waiting 30 minutes, it is important to gently remove the extended eyelashes with tweezers or a brush.
A cream with an oily structure will also help remove eyelash extensions. Its effect is similar to that of oil, however additional chemical components require more care. Also, the product must never get into the eyes.
Using a cream is no different from using an oil. But some girls point out that working with the cream can take quite a long time. Sometimes the cream is even left overnight, but this method is questionable. The product may come into contact with the eyes and cause irritation. Better to set aside 1-2 hours in the evening and remove the eyelash extensions safely.
The “steam” technology can also be called effective in the removal of artificial eyelashes.
The way works like this:
- You need to hold your head over hot steam water for about 10 minutes. After this time, the cilia will begin to fall off;
- If the extended eyelashes still hold, you can apply a little vegetable oil.
It is better to leave this method as a last resort, because hot water has a negative effect on the skin of the face. Not to mention, it is easy to burn yourself with it.
How to restore eyelashes after extension
The eyelash extension procedure, like other beauty services, requires a little subsequent restoration.
How to rehabilitate natural eyelashes?
- After removing the artificial eyelashes, it is better to wait 2-3 weeks before the subsequent extension. So the eyelashes will be able to recover a little and get stronger;
- Castor oil should be applied regularly for the first few weeks after removal. It will help stimulate the growth of eyelashes. You can also use special masks: mix a couple of drops of aloe with burdock or castor oil, apply on eyelashes for 20 minutes.
- The skin of the eyelids also needs restoration. At night, it is necessary to apply a cream designed specifically for this area. This will help soften the skin and moisturize it a little.
- You also need to purchase vitamins that contribute to the active growth of eyelashes. And you can also use ampoules with vitamins. Vitamins A, E, B12 should be mixed with oil and applied as a mask.
We remind you that eyelash extensions should not be done all the time. To preserve your eyelashes, you need to constantly make corrections with a master and take a break of 1-2 months every six months. Then you can return to your favorite service again.
Eyelash extensions have their advantages and disadvantages, which must be carefully weighed even before the first service. An essential nuance is the removal of artificial eyelashes. At home, this process takes time and attention. That is why we recommend that you always remove your eyelash extensions from a professional lashmaker. Only if absolutely necessary, you can try to remove the eyelashes yourself.